Missing hdri and some cosmos 3D assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing hdri and some cosmos 3D assets

Hi, there was some path issues as you know, the latest uptade fixed texture problem but hdri in the dome and some tree-shrubs models are missing.. Asset editor shows download options on the right of the assets, i redownload them but some of them are still missing.. I placed one of the missing shrubs (Glossy Abelia 002) to the left bottom and it is still missing. I tried missing assets in a new file and they worked as expected..

Hello kenancakir,
    Can you please try restarting your machine and see if after opening the file anew Cosmos Assets are rendering. If not, try to delete them from Cosmos Browser and redownload (example).

As for HDRI missing do you mean the texture directory can not be found?
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by natalia.gruzdova View Post
      Hello kenancakir,
      Can you please try restarting your machine and see if after opening the file anew Cosmos Assets are rendering. If not, try to delete them from Cosmos Browser and redownload (example).

As for HDRI missing do you mean the texture directory can not be found?
      Hi, for hdri, yes, it was directory problem i guess. I reinstall windows on my laptop with keeping personal files safe.. As i said in the first post, i redownload by clicking download icon on the right side of the cosmos assets and some of them worked some of them did not. Now everything is working, may be restarting sketchup or computer was needed as you said, except vray fur, it was rendering before but after uptade the last version the scene is not rendering, locking the computer, so i delete them and it is rendering.. Someone mentioned about some changes on vray fur settings so may be old settings are not working..
      Last edited by kenancakir; 23-12-2023, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Glad it works now. Regarding V-Ray Fur we have not introduced any major changes in the latest updates, contrary to V-Ray Scatter for example which was greatly improved. You can read release notes for V-Ray 6 here.

In such cases when something is not working right after the update it would be best if you could share the scene with us to take a look, without making any changes.

Were you able to recreate V-Ray Fur successfully in this project? Make sure to enable Level of details in order to optimize it.
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by natalia.gruzdova View Post
          In such cases when something is not working right after the update it would be best if you could share the scene with us to take a look, without making any changes.

Were you able to recreate V-Ray Fur successfully in this project? Make sure to enable Level of details in order to optimize it.
          Thank you. I have the file.. It gives memory error. There is two different - not connected faces in a group. I applied vray fur and vray scatter on that group. It was working nicely before, with that settings. I create the same scene at the beginning, i made all surfaces different groups, about seven surface groups. i add each of them vray fur and plus displacement on the road and it is working.. But not tried to add scatter on furred groups yet.

Comment

Working...
          X