Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render in GPU takes too long to start

Hi,
    when i start a simple low quality render in GPU it takes about 5/8 minutes to start (staying on "loading bitmaps").
    If i render in CPU it starts really fast.
    I have the last version of V-Ray and Sketchup.
    Here is the benchmark and the link for download pack project of the file.

Attached Files
    WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world. Share large files and photos. Transfer up to 2GB free. File sharing made easy!

Hello damiano_corradini,
    Thank you for your scene.

V-Ray Benchmark scores for your GPU are expected, thank you for testing it.
    I do not reproduce such long times loading bitmaps with your scene and latest V-Ray build 6.20.01. On my screenshot you can see elapsed times for actual render and times compare it with times that it took overall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chaos_test.png
Views:	161
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	1200500

From the Benchmark screenshot I see that you have 546.33 drivers installed at the moment. Could you please install the recommended version which you can find on the top of this page: https://www.chaos.com/vray-gpu. This version is tested and approved by V-Ray developers and how it works with V-Ray, so it can be different from the latest version released by NVIDIA. In this forum post you can find steps to install drivers in order to have best performance with V-Ray GPU: Installing the recommended Windows Drivers for V-Ray GPU on Windows. Please follow these steps and test your scene once again.

Also, let me know where do you store textures? Please share a screenshot of Extensions > V-Ray > File Path Editor. As a test you can try to Repath all of your textures to some local folder for example on Desktop, will this make any difference?

Let me know the results.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks a lot, the issue disappeared from the moment i installed the correct driver version.

Comment

Working...
      X