Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LightGen - "Generate Variants" button disabled and I can't find the folder to upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LightGen - "Generate Variants" button disabled and I can't find the folder to upload

I'm new to using V-ray with Sketchup, and this is my first time using V-ray Light Gen. I had to download a folder to access the library, which I did, but now I can't find the folder on my computer to upload into the system, and the Gen. Variants button is blacked-out.

Hello katsia_augustin,
    Welcome to Chaos forum!

Can you please let us know what V-Ray version you are using at the moment? Please share a screenshot of About window V-Ray for SketchUp.
    When you want to generate Light Gen scenarios make sure that you are not rendering (both Production and Interactive render is not running). Also, please check if you are able to access the Cosmos Browser.
    Try to use it in a simple scene and let me know if it is successful.

Waiting for your response.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi! I think I have the latest V-Ray version and I'm not sure how to find-out what version I have.

Comment

As you will see, the generate variants is shaded out and I can't get it to render.
        Attached Files

Comment

Let me know if you have tested Light Gen in a new scene please. Restart SketchUp and open a new empty scene, open V-Ray Asset Editor, then try to use Light Gen and generate scenarios.

Does it work in a new scene? If yes, and the issue is only reproducible in a specific scene please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload your scene in the ticket so we could test it on our side. Please make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (Extensions>V-Ray>Pack Project tool).

Click image for larger version

Name:	macos_pack_project.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1200996
          Share your V-Ray version which can be checked in Extensions>V-Ray>Help>About tab.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	macos_about.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1200995

Also please share a screenshot of About this Mac.
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X