Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray for Sketchup copying & pasting in place slow down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for Sketchup copying & pasting in place slow down.

Hi, I believe I may have found a bug with recent Vray for SketchUp, 2.2 I believe. The issue arises when I wish to copy or paste in place inside SketchUp. If I wish to copy move anything I will be waiting several minutes. I believe this is an issue with the new Vray as it only arose when my colleague and I updated and sketchup behaves properly when Vray is disabled.

Are you guys aware of this yet? I may have to roll back my Vray until issue is fixed.

Thanks

Emmet

I can confirm after rolling back to 'vray_62001_sketchup_win' the issue has been resolved.

Comment

Hello rpp_architects,
      So far I am not able to reproduce the issue with copying & pasting in place in a new scene.

I would like to request some more details in order to investigate it:
      • Did you copy and paste in place objects in the same scene or in a different scene?
      • What exactly do you usually copy, what type of objects?
      • Have you experienced this issue in every scene or in some specific scene? Have you tested a new project with simple objects?
      • Please share a screenshot of Extension Manager to see what Extensions you have installed.
      • Let us know your exact SketchUp version (Help > About SketchUp).

Thank you in advance.
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

• Did you copy and paste in place objects in the same scene or in a different scene?
        • I was copying, move copying and pasting in place within the same scene - 2-3 minute wait each time with moderately complex geometry (nothing I would expect any lag from)
        • What exactly do you usually copy, what type of objects?
        • Fairly simple groups that would not usually cause an issue
        • Have you experienced this issue in every scene or in some specific scene? Have you tested a new project with simple objects?r
        • I tested a few scenes but the one in particular I had issues with originated in ArchiCad.
        • Please share a screenshot of Extension Manager to see what Extensions you have installed.
        • Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	93
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	1201486
        • Let us know your exact SketchUp version (Help > About SketchUp).
        • I am using SketchUpPro 23.0.367 64-bit

As I said. Rolling back the issue to previous Vray has solved the problem.

Comment

Thank you for the shared information. I am glad to hear that you can continue your work with the previous V-Ray version. Nevertheless, we would like to try to reproduce the issue on our side with your scene on our side. Therefore I would like to ask you to open a ticket and send us your scene which exhibited these slowdowns.

If this is alright, please submit a request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (Extensions>V-Ray>Pack Project tool). Together with it please share screenshots of the objects you were copying and experience poor performance. Also let us know if these objects were from Chaos Cosmos.

When you were copying objects, were you rendering at the same time? If yes, please share which render engine you are using (CPU, CUDA, RTX)?
          Thank you in advance.
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X