"Ghost Geometry" From Spotlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ghost Geometry" From Spotlights

Wondering if anyone has had this issue with spotlights. I have multiple components with VRay spotlights, after a test render I noticed a halo appearing wherever the component had been copied over. These halos remain in a fixed space, moving around in an interactive render does not change their position. They are solid, cast a shadow, and their size seems to be related to the cone size of the light. The halos do not show up in the model, and if the components are deleted they remain behind. I am using the latest version of sketchup/vray as of 2/12/24. I have also rendered on two separate machines, so i dont believe its a hardware issue. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Edit: There is also no hidden geometry/objects and the component ends before the space the halo would be in the model
    Last edited by patrick_welch; 12-02-2024, 10:39 AM.

Hello patrick_welch,
    Thank you for the screenshots.

I would like to ask you to share your scene with us in order to test it. If that is okay with you please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (Extensions>V-Ray>Pack Project tool).
    Also please share the exact V-Ray version you have currently installed (check About window V-Ray for SketchUp).

Thank you in advance.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X