This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enmesh with Multiple Materials

Is it possible to apply the materials set within the object used to create the enmesh to the object you want apply that enmesh to? For example, I have the concrete grass paver enmesh model from the Cosmos called Pattern 011. Pattern 011 is already set up to have 3 different materials, one each for the (1)grass, (2)concrete paver, and (3)soil.

I'm hoping I don't have to separate this into 3 separate enmeshed objects!

Many thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
  • Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 01-04-2024, 12:29 AM.

Hello arantza_alvarado,
    Thank you for your question.

In order to apply several materials to the Enmesh use Multi Material.

Apply Multi Material to the Enmesh host and adjust texture size in the SketchUp Materials Tab settings.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1203719-enmesh-with-multiple-materials.png
Views:	102
Size:	865.2 KB
ID:	1203997

Please note that you will need to test how exactly to arrange materials in the Multi Material so they correspond to the right object. The reason for this is that V-Ray gets this information from SketchUp, which does not have a Face material ID attribute that can be specified manually. While V-Ray gathers information about unique Face materials based on the different materials applied to different faces, it does not know the order in which it should generate them.

If you want to use just textures instead of materials please refer to this forum thread as well.​

Comment

I found a temporary solution through trial and error...the material applied to the enmesh group is applied to the grass, while the material applied to the face within the group changes the concrete paver.

Comment

Hello arantza_alvarado,
        Thank you for your question.

In order to apply several materials to the Enmesh use Multi Material.

Apply Multi Material to the Enmesh host and adjust texture size in the SketchUp Materials Tab settings.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1203719-enmesh-with-multiple-materials.png
Views:	102
Size:	865.2 KB
ID:	1203997

Please note that you will need to test how exactly to arrange materials in the Multi Material so they correspond to the right object. The reason for this is that V-Ray gets this information from SketchUp, which does not have a Face material ID attribute that can be specified manually. While V-Ray gathers information about unique Face materials based on the different materials applied to different faces, it does not know the order in which it should generate them.

If you want to use just textures instead of materials please refer to this forum thread as well.​
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Got it! Thank you Natalia! I just tried it myself and it works.

Comment

Working...
          X