Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material Preview Swatch not working

Hi Everyone,

I've been having some issues with my material preview swatch, it seems like its not communicating with the rest of Vray. Here is my Asset Editor trying to preview a wall paint material I downloaded directly from Chaos Cloud. I've tried changing the rendering engine from CPU to GPU, material preview, live link on/off, etc. but I get the same result.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.42.55 PM.png
Views:	110
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	1205433

Additionally, here is the Asset Editor trying to preview a material I made myself with the same result.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.43.22 PM.png
Views:	80
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	1205434
    Sometimes it will change to a different color if I select a material I applied in sketchup that is just one color, but it will not render 3D materials.
    I am new to Vray, my license is probably not even a month old and I am working on a brand new MacBook with an M3 chip, so my computer should have more than enough power to render these materials.
    Any help is appreciated!

Hello sara_lafrance,

If I understand correctly - you are not able to see the Material preview swatch like the image below, it is a plain color instead?

Name:	V-Ray_Asset_Preview_swatch.png
Views:	75
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1205571
    Is it like this in every scene - even in a new empty file?
    Could you please also share what is your macOS version? Additionally I would like to ask you to send us the vray-neui.log file. It is located in /Users/<username>/.ChaosGroup/V-Ray for SketchUp/vrayneui. You can change the file extension to .txt to attach it.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
    Iva
    Iva Mancheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X