Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation not working for 2023 file in V-ray

Hi!

I've recently upgraded my desktop and hence moved all models from Sketchup 2023 to my NAS.
    I've had some issues with materials but all are fixed and regular renders in V-ray work like a charm.

Once Sketchup 2024 was released, I updated both the programs (Sketchup and V-ray) to the latest versions, for 2024 (see images attached).
    Now, I notice that for my latest model, the animated render doesn't start. The program seems not to start with rendering at all.

I've tried rendering an animation with a new model created in 2024 - which works.. so my best guess its the model (as its a version 2023 build model?)

Is there any way that you guys might know if this is a know error for now?

Let me know what details you need to support.

Cheers!
    Ruurt

Hi rt_visser​,

This is certainly not the expected behaviour.
    The best way for us to fix it would be to reproduce the issue on our side.

It would be very helpful if you can share the model that you are trying to render.
    You can uploading it via our Support form at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new ?
    Simply mention this forum thread and/or my name in the issue description and we'll have it inspected right away.

Also, can you please describe the exact steps you follow when producing the crash.
    As far as I understand you have done an animation setup in SU 2023 and then you're just opening and trying to render in SU 2024.
    Can you tell us what the original V-Ray version was too?

Regards,
    Konstantin​

Comment

Thanks Konstantin!

I've created the ticket (https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/230146)

So what I do is:
      • I've created (in the file in the ticket), two scenes. Transition is set to 6 seconds (delay is set to 1 second, but can be 0 as well - doesn't matter).
      • I open the asset manager, set the outputfile type, resolution, location etc. (see attached) and set the animation settings.
      • The interactive render does work like a charm - i know about the material warning for the missing BMP but thats ok (its not in this scene) - see attached.
      • Once I click on RENDER (top right corner, local render), the V-Ray Frame Buffer window opens but then nothing happens. Kept the desktop running over night but its not doing anything at all). - See attached.
        • What does happen is that Sketchup is moving between the two scenes and the message "exporting model" appears in the below corner. - but thats about it... (the log is empty as well, as you can see in the attached file)
      Original V-Ray version and Sketchup version are:
      Sketchup: 23.1.340 64-bit
      V-Ray: V-Ray for Sketchip 6.20.02 (362095 8ce969c9a) - Jan 24th 2024

Comment

Thank you for sharing the project!
        We are able to reproduce the described behaviour and and an issue is going to be logged.
        I'll keep you posted on the development.

Comment

Thanks Konstantin!

BTW - behavior is similar for CUDA or RTX rendering..

Cheers!
          Ruurt

Comment

Working...
          X