Enabling Camera Clipping Causes Sketchup to Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling Camera Clipping Causes Sketchup to Crash

Hi I'm having an issue where as soon as I enable camera clipping under "Advanced Camera Parameters" sketchup immediately crashes. This is a new issue that I haven't experienced in the past.

Hello charles_messenger,

This is unfortunately a known issue. The issue is already fixed by our developers and the fix will be included in the next update.

Kind regards,
    Iva
    Iva Mancheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaos.com

Comment

As a workaround you can replace the callback_handler.rbc file in the installation folder with this file:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HvG...ew?usp=sharing
      It is located in:
      windows: C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for SketchUp\extension\ruby\internal
      macOS: /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/internal

This will prevent the crash and you will be able to use the Camera Clipping feature.

Kind regards,
      Iva
      Iva Mancheva
      V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for this workaround. I've got it working now.

Originally posted by iva_mancheva View Post
        As a workaround you can replace the callback_handler.rbc file in the installation folder with this file:
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HvG...ew?usp=sharing
        It is located in:
        windows: C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for SketchUp\extension\ruby\internal
        macOS: /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/internal

This will prevent the crash and you will be able to use the Camera Clipping feature.

Kind regards,
        Iva

Comment

Working...
        X