Error creating Vrmesh proxy objects from sketchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error creating Vrmesh proxy objects from sketchup

I have recently had this error that I don't know how to resolve in practice when I create a proxy object and I leave the active replacement of the ketchup object or component with the created proxy object it gives me the following error

Error: nil
    helpers.rbc(75):warning: wrong argument type Float (expected Integer)
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:25:in `[]='
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:25:in `block (3 levels) in initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:25:in `each'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:25:in `block (2 levels) in initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:23:in `change'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:23:in `block in initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/helpers.rbc:65:in `initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:21:in `new'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:21:in `initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/tools/proxy_export_tool.rbc:53:in `new'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/tools/proxy_export_tool.rbc:53:in `block in handle_replace'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/helpers.rbc:71:in `initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/tools/proxy_export_tool.rbc:47:in `new'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/tools/proxy_export_tool.rbc:47:in `handle_replace'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/tools/proxy_export_tool.rbc:35:in `activate'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/neui/host_app_interface.rbc:430:in `select_tool'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/neui/host_app_interface.rbc:430:in `export_proxy'
    proxy_export_tool.rbc(37):warning: wrong argument type Float (expected Integer)
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:25:in `[]='
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:25:in `block (3 levels) in initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:25:in `each'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:25:in `block (2 levels) in initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:23:in `change'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:23:in `block in initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/helpers.rbc:65:in `initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:21:in `new'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/special_objects/proxies/geom_mesh_file.rbc:21:in `initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/tools/proxy_export_tool.rbc:53:in `new'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/tools/proxy_export_tool.rbc:53:in `block in handle_replace'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/helpers/helpers.rbc:71:in `initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/tools/proxy_export_tool.rbc:47:in `new'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/tools/proxy_export_tool.rbc:47:in `handle_replace'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/tools/proxy_export_tool.rbc:35:in `activate'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/neui/host_app_interface.rbc:430:in `select_tool'
    C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/neui/host_app_interface.rbc:430:in `export_proxy'

Hi alexpacio2015​,

Can you share a simple model that demonstrates the issue?

Konstantin

Comment

We were able to reproduce the issue.
      It is logged as SK-4885 in our bugtracking system.
      The good news is that the vrmesh file is exported correctly. It is just the import and replacement that fails.

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
        We were able to reproduce the issue.
        It is logged as SK-4885 in our bugtracking system.
        The good news is that the vrmesh file is exported correctly. It is just the import and replacement that fails.
        Yes, I have noticed that the problem occurs especially when replacing the original object. So will you intervene in the next version or is there an alternative solution already now?

Comment

I don't consider this an ideal alternative solution, but you can export the vrmesh without replacing the scene objects.
          Then you should manually delete the original objects and replace them with the Proxy.
          And the most inconvenient part is, you'll have to reassign the materials.

Besides that, the issue is logged and if no complications arise we'll include a fix in the next version we release.

Comment

Yes, I tried exporting without replacing the object and it works but if I go to a new project and import the proxy object it doesn't bring the materials with it and it seems like a limitation to me. But I tried your solution with vrmat and it works, maybe one day you will include something simpler, thanks anyway for the support

Comment

I don't consider this an ideal alternative solution, but you can export the vrmesh without replacing the scene objects.
              Then you should manually delete the original objects and replace them with the Proxy.
              And the most inconvenient part is, you'll have to reassign the materials.

Besides that, the issue is logged and if no complications arise we'll include a fix in the next version we release.
              The problem continues and I can't use proxies. In practice, with this error I export the proxy but, if I import it again on a new project, the combination of materials is no longer there. When will there be a solution to this problem? if there will be.

Comment

Hi alexpacio2015 ​,

We already have a fix for the issue.
                And since it might be a while till we release another update we will try to include it in a stable nightly build for testing.
                I'll let you know when that build becomes available.

Konstantin

Comment

A stable build is uploaded to https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr.../stable/390406
                  alexpacio2015​, please give it a try and let me know if it fixes the export for you.
                  Note that it is safe to use this build in production since the proxy export fix is the only difference compared to the official 6.20.03

Comment

A stable build is uploaded to https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr.../stable/390406
                    alexpacio2015​, please give it a try and let me know if it fixes the export for you.
                    Note that it is safe to use this build in production since the proxy export fix is the only difference compared to the official 6.20.03

I didn't understand where I can find this version, there is no download at the link you gave me.​Click image for larger version  Name:	msedge_FZUUhGRKA3.png Views:	0 Size:	209.5 KB ID:	1207226
                    Last edited by alexpacio2015; 24-04-2024, 04:20 AM.

Comment

I installed this version,
                      vray_62003_sketchup_win_390406.exe
                      tried exporting the proxy and it works perfectly, congratulations.
                      The problem of importing the materials remains, which I solved with your suggestion by exporting the proxy in vrmat format, but it doesn't seem like a standard solution to me.​
                      Last edited by alexpacio2015; 24-04-2024, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Hum, I was under the impression that every Chaos user has access to the Stable builds folder.
                        Are you sure you're logged in with your active Chaos account?

Comment

Hum, I was under the impression that every Chaos user has access to the Stable builds folder.
                          Are you sure you're logged in with your active Chaos account?
                          After you gave me access I went in and downloaded and installed the version
                          tried exporting the proxy and it works perfectly, congratulations.
                          The problem of importing the materials remains, which I solved with your suggestion by exporting the proxy in vrmat format, but it doesn't seem like a standard solution to me.​​​

Comment

After you gave me access I went in and downloaded and installed the version
                            tried exporting the proxy and it works perfectly, congratulations.​
                            Great to hear.
                            We'll include the fix in the next official version we put out.
                            Thank you for bringing our attention to this!

The problem of importing the materials remains, which I solved with your suggestion by exporting the proxy in vrmat format, but it doesn't seem like a standard solution to me.​​​
                            The .vrmesh itself does not contain materials, only mesh data.
                            The .vrmat workflow was designed to address that specifically and is 100% safe to apply.

Comment

Working...
                            X