Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geometry bug

Hi,

I have a problem to rendering stainless steel metal on parts since 2 version of vray. I don' make any change on my sketchup library and my Vray materials. Faces only appears when I do renders.

Hello philippe_chabal

Thank you for your post.

If it’s okay we would like to have a look at your scene in our environment. To do this, would you please open a new ticket in our system using this form, where you can attach your packed scene. Make sure to use our Pack Project Tool like shown in this example. Additionally, please share a screenshot with your version.

Thank you in advance.
    Rossen Rangelov | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi philippe_chabal​,

It is possible that you have overlapping geometry.
      It is common for overlapping mesh faces to render this way since the ray-tracer has no good way to handle them.

Konstantin

Comment

Thanks for your help all, specialy to Konstantin.

I'm trying this morning to render with CPU engine, and there's no problem. So it's very ambarassing toi have a nvidia quadro P2200 and use my station processor to do that. Is it a driover issue, a settings issue or something else ?

Comment

Hi philippe_chabal

Thank you for clarifying that the issue is not reproducible with CPU rendering. It will be good to see if we can reproduce it on our side. Please refer to my last post if you decide to deliver your model.

Thank you.

Rossen Rangelov | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by rossen.rangelov View Post
            Hi philippe_chabal

Thank you for clarifying that the issue is not reproducible with CPU rendering. It will be good to see if we can reproduce it on our side. Please refer to my last post if you decide to deliver your model.

Thank you.

Hi Rossen,

I opened a new ticket today, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X