Glass problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass problem!

I have a problem with clear glass surfaces, it immediately seemed that it has become after the last version of V-ray (version 6 for sketchup) as on my render of a wine fridge there is a triangle that is not transparent but black on the glass door, and I experience that in many of my renderings, I have tried the following steps to solve the problem: 1. Make a new glass - 2. make glass without thickness, and with a thickness of 6 mm. - 3. add another kind of glass from the Cosmos browser. - 4 reset V-ray asset editor. - 5 made a small distance from the grass to the frame, the glass will thereby not be in contact with other objects. But nothing helps, I have uploaded an example please help me to solve this problem!
    Is it a bug?
    Last edited by Folmann; 19-06-2024, 11:58 PM.

Thank you for your post Folmann .

If it’s okay we would like to have a look at your scene in our environment. To do this, would you please open a new ticket in our system using this form, where you can attach your packed scene. Make sure to use our Pack Project Tool like shown in this example.

Additionally, please mention this forum post, your V-Ray for SketchUp exact version and SketchUp version.​

Thank you in advance.​
    Rossen Rangelov | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply, I will pack and send it as instructed.
      My softweare:
      Sketchup Version 24.0553 64-bit
      V-ray version 620.04

Bedst regards
      Last edited by Folmann; 20-06-2024, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Thank you. We will review it and write you on the ticket.

Comment

As we reviewed the file, we were able to reproduce the issue. We suggested grouping this glass object into a separate one. These steps resolved the issue on our side.

Comment

If this glass is single-sided, the GPU will have rendering errors. After changing to thick glass, it will be correct. See the picture for details

Comment

Hi everyone, I am having same issue when rendering with Cuda. I've tried to make the glass seperate group and changed the thickness of glass. None of them worked. I will be waiting for you help. Thanks

Comment

Hi aliserdar_ozadam

Please share your project so we can check it. If you agree, please open a new ticket in our system using this form, where you can attach your packed scene. Make sure to use our Pack Project Tool like shown in this example.

Additionally, please mention this forum post, your V-Ray for SketchUp exact version and SketchUp version.​

Thank you in advance.​​

Comment

Working...
                X