Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using fog color for colored glass

Hi guys,

I'm taking vray for sketchup for a test drive and was trying to put a colored glass shader on my model. Using a color for the refraction works, but changing the refraction to white (or almost white) and setting a fog color doesn't seem to work. So either I'm seriously misunderstanding how the fog color works, or something's broken. The shader previews like I'd expect in the material editor, but in the render I'm not getting the expected behavior. I've got a couple of images and a very simple test case, but don't have a place to post them. Here's a link to my flickr folder that has the two images. http://flickr.com/photos/67065109@N0...7594407478185/

The one called glass-fog has a near-white refraction color and a bright blue in the fog color. The one called glass-refractcolor has a blue color in the refraction slot and no fog color set.

The way I found this is that the green-glass.vismat material that ships with the build doesn't work either, so you can test it there if I can't get my test case to you easily.

This is beta 2 downloaded yesterday, Dec 4.

Let me know if you need more info.

Using fog color for colored glass

cdueltgen-

Hello!

There are some material issues that we are working on right now. Refraction in general is a problem in the current beta 2 build.

Hopefully we have a new build for folks to test very soon....

Best regards,

Corey
    Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
    Director

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
    X