X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinite Plane doesn't show linked materials

Hi,

1. I created an Infinite Plane.
    2. Then I created a linked material (grass for the ground).
    3. After that, I applied that material to the infinite plane
    4. In the render it only shows the color instead of the texture.

Also I noticed that I had to explode this whole model in order to see the textures right. When grouped it only showed the color too instead of the textures.

Note: I used Google SketchUp Pro 6 and VfSu Beta 3.

Regards,

woODs

Infinite Plane doesn't show linked materials

Yeah the infinite plane doesn't accept UVW coordinates at the moment so its just using the color of it...Try doing it like this for now...[list=1][*]Create a new material for the infinite plane[*] Add a diffuse color map to that materials diffuse layer[list=a][*] Change the mapping type from "Explicit Mapping Channel" to "Planar"[*] Set the repeat to be 1 / the desired width of the texture in scene units. For example, if I want this grass texture to repeat every 10' by 10' and my scene scale is in inches - then I need to set the x and y repeat to be 1 / 10' * 12" / 1' or 1/ 120" - which I believe is 0.0125. Keep in mind that you can't simply say you want it to repeat 5 times in each direction because its an infinite plane...so Infinity / 5 is still Infinity. Thats why we need to specify in scene units how wide/tall we want the texture to be before it repeats.[/list][/list]That should hold you over for now until I can address this mapping situation.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by joeb
      Thats why we need to specify in scene units how wide/tall we want the texture to be before it repeats.
      That's what I would like to hear from a long time ago (one of the first post I made in this forum during nov. 2006...

Comment

Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

woods: I like your soft shadows on the house. How did you archive that. Sketchups shadows or a light? I would appreciate if you would share your settings. Even the whole scene (with or without the building).

Thanks in advance.
          Fluke73<br />==============================<br />www.flukeworld.com - private (has gallery)<br />www.webzoo.se - my company

Comment

Hi,

Fluke: I used a simple rectangular VRay light pointing to the house.

By the way (and this might be a bug) I tried to turn off the light (in light settings) and it still emitted light. I noticed that this happens with omni lights too.

I will try to post this scene later tomorrow.

Regards,

woODs.

Comment

Originally posted by woods
              By the way (and this might be a bug) I tried to turn off the light (in light settings) and it still emitted light. I noticed that this happens with omni lights too.
              Yep - thats an oversight of mine. Good catch!
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X