Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unistalling the beta version

Hi,

Just wanted to ask how to 'uninstall' the new beta version of Vray for Sketchup on my computer. I am having a lot of problems with trying to make renders...sketchup is crashing every time I try to render so I would like to go back to my 'older' version and see if that might help me with making the renders without crashing as I am having a very tight deadline for a project I am working on.

I think there is a problem with this file: XMLDRSpawner.bin. When I try to open the RT-engine the message pops up 'XMLDRSpawner.bin quit unexpectedly' and the RT engine frame freezes up.

I have tried rendering by 'overriding materials' in the Vray option editor' and then it renders the scene without problems. But as soon as I want to render with all materials showing it crashes. The render window shows up briefly before crashing as it tries to build the 'light cash'.

Also tried the 'Debugging tools' but without success. The 'regenerate all vray materials' even crashes SketchUp when running it.

The file I am working on is around 50MB and has 290790 faces.

My Computer details:
    27" iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8GB RAM / 2GB AMD Radeon HD 6970M

Software version:
    V-Ray 1.49.01 / SketchUp 8.0.4810

Thanx!

-Jeri-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jeri; 01-07-2013, 09:53 PM.
    | V-Ray 1.49.01 | SketchUp Pro 2013 | 27" iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 | 8GB RAM | 2GB AMD Radeon HD 6970M |

"uninstall v-ray for sketchup" in the Applications/ASGVIS folder.

Please note: If you are using our plugin on OSX, you can only have 1 SketchUp model open at a time, or you will get some awful results. Crashing, scene corruption, really bad stuff. This is the case for 1.49.01 as well as the 1.6 beta. Also, you need to install the latest drspawner with the beta, you can't skip installing that for the 1.6 beta, or the drspawner will never work properly. DR and the client need to be the same version, so they can communicate properly. Again, this is the case for both 1.49.01 and the 1.6 beta.
    Best regards,
    Devin Kendig
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Thank you for your help! I have just downloaded the latest beta (June 11) and all works again!!!!! Wicked!!!!!!

Thanx again!
      -Jeri-
      Last edited by jeri; 02-07-2013, 08:16 AM.
      | V-Ray 1.49.01 | SketchUp Pro 2013 | 27" iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 | 8GB RAM | 2GB AMD Radeon HD 6970M |

Comment

fantastic! Glad to hear you didn't have to jump ship, we look forward to hearing your feedback
        Best regards,
        Devin Kendig
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I am soooo happy now

Following up on my update above. What is the appropriate way to close the RTenging? SketchUp crashes sometimes when I close RT by pressing the 'red dot' on the frame buffer or the V-ray progress window. And would it be possible to relocate the RTenging 'V-ray progress window' to the side of the frame buffer instead of 'blocking out' part of the frame buffer?
          Another issue I have come across is the when I want to apply a texture on a curved or BIG surface SU crashes as well. But if I first apply the texture to a 'small straight' surface and then copy paste it to the curved or BIG surface it work fine. Maybe something to have a look at or test it on your side?

Thanx!
          -Jeri-
          Last edited by jeri; 02-07-2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Jeri - I haven't seen any of these issues first hand. Before we go any further with these issues, I would like to point out that there is a known issue in OSX, which could have a variety of strange manifestations. If you ever have more than one SketchUp window open at a time, while our plugin is loaded, the scene information mixes together and causes invalid materials to be created, and in many cases, will cause the application to crash in strange ways. Please be sure you only have one Sketchup model loaded at a time while using V-Ray for SketchUp. You can disable our plugin while you model and get the scene ready for working with V-Ray by simply unchecking us in the Windows->Preferences->Extensions dialog.

If you are still having issues after being sure that there is only one Sketchup window open, please submit a bug report about the troubles you are having, so we can be sure to address them.
            Best regards,
            Devin Kendig
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
            X