Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to render displacement (water) in larger areas

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask around if any of you are having the same trouble with 'trying' to render larger area of displacement? For instance water / grass / rocks that sort of thing. With trying out the new beta version I can not help buy getting crash after crash when rendering a pool scene that I am working on. When I 'un-check' the displacement (0.5) then rendering in no problem at all. Does anybody have some advice on how to get the best / lightest settings when it comes to rendering displacement?

Many thanx!
    -Jeri-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jeri; 09-07-2013, 07:14 AM.
    | V-Ray 1.49.01 | SketchUp Pro 2013 | 27" iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 | 8GB RAM | 2GB AMD Radeon HD 6970M |

Can you show us displacement-parameters , or to send us the scene if possible ?
    Make sure that View Dependent is turned ON , and decrease Max Subdivs value to something lower like 4 , 8 or 16.
    What about RAM consumption - how much RAM does Vray use during the rendering, and how much does you machine have installed ?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Last edited by tedvitale; 30-01-2014, 09:04 AM.
      Best,
      Ted Vitale
      V-Ray for SketchUp
      Product Manager | V-Ray SketchUp

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
        Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask around if any of you are having the same trouble with 'trying' to render larger area of displacement? For instance water / grass / rocks that sort of thing. With trying out the new beta version I can not help buy getting crash after crash when rendering a pool scene that I am working on. When I 'un-check' the displacement (0.5) then rendering in no problem at all. Does anybody have some advice on how to get the best / lightest settings when it comes to rendering displacement?

Many thanx!
        -Jeri-
        my suggestion is to save your GI maps (irradiance and LC) by rendering without the final pass, and displacement disabled. Then you can save and then load the maps "from file" and do your final render with the displacement turned back on.

Comment

Working...
        X