I don't use RT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't use RT

...Do any of you? I find it to be buggy in some critical areas.

1. DR doesn't work most of the time, I get "Render host [host name and IP add.] is not responding" error continuously
    2. I still get hard crashes if I move geometry around during RT. Had some involved conversations with developers on this one during beta. Still not fixed.
    3. ungrouped geometry not smoothed.

There's more niggles, but these are some of the more obvious ones.

I get number 2 a lot as well. I use RT mainly to adjust camera settings, which works very well. I never yet encountered no.1, nor no.3, since I hardly ever worked with ungrouped geometry.

Comment

Andy, does #2 still happen in the latest nightly?
      Best regards,
      Devin Kendig
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by dkendig View Post
        Andy, does #2 still happen in the latest nightly?
        so far, no

Comment

excellent news to hear! We were having an issue with SketchUp operations conflicting, and causing an undo operation unexpectedly on occasion, which would in some cases cause an entity to become invalid. This has been fixed, and so #2 should hopefully not be an issue anymore.

I haven't seen #1 yet, there should be a spawner running locally that should be utilized every time you do an RT render.

I'm confused why #3 is only an RT issue... it should be the case for regular renders too. We've had some difficulty tracking this one down.
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I think #1 probabaly has to do with materials. Whatever the reason, the scene is not translating properly to DR - but only with RT.

Regarding troubleshooting: I have issues occasionally with vray standalone where a material will become invalid. Fortunately, the error says which line of the vrscene is causing the error, I can then open the vrscene file and find the culprit, and then edit that material and everything is hunky-dory. I find the errors are a bit too general in vfs so I don't have enough info to track the issues down quite as well as with the standalone. Just curious - is there, or will there be a way to export a vrscene file from vfs?

Comment

Plugins->V-Ray->Debugging->Enable Export vrscene at Render
              Best regards,
              Devin Kendig
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

nice! will have to try it.

Comment

Devin,

I've seen un-smoothed geometry in regular renders a couple of times recently. Restarting SU fixed it.

/Jackson
                  SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

I have seen this too, but we have been unable to find a cause yet.
                    Best regards,
                    Devin Kendig
                    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I too am having a lot of crashing problems, I have a copy of Vray RT for Sketchup, how do I upgrade to the latest version?
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by simoniii View Post
                        I too am having a lot of crashing problems, I have a copy of Vray RT for Sketchup, how do I upgrade to the latest version?
                        Thanks.
                        What is the VFS version you are currently running? Is it the latest available 2.00.23590?
                        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Tashko, yes it is this latest version, I downloaded it and installed it on 30 9 2013, but, if I understand Devin Kendig correctly below at 19 14 2013 when he says "Andy, does #2 still happen in the latest nightly?" doe this mean he has uploaded e newer version?

Comment

Hi Simoniii,

V-Ray for Sketchup nightly builds are not accessible form our web site. If you want to get access to test them, please send a request to our sales department at sales.software@chaosgroup.com
                            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Please be aware that nightly builds are raw and untested. Use at your own risk, and be sure to back up your work!
                              Best regards,
                              Devin Kendig
                              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                              X