Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT don't update sun shadows

Hi everyone.

When I use RT sun shadows don't update when I change date or time on SU. I can see that everything (lights, materials, perspective) work but sun shadows. They remain the same as the first render (RT). I've tried freeze and unfreeze RT and doesn't work. I've tried to change different things in VfS options window and nothing seems to resolve this. I can't get the same result that I've seen in video demonstration: shadows don't move.

I'm running Trimble SU Pro 13.0.4812 and VfS 2.00.23590. I've tested on different computers: i5/6GB RAM/Radeon 1Gb , i7/16Gb/Nvidia 4 Gb...

Any idea?

Regards.
    Pablo Arias.
    Pablo Arias
    V-Ray Licensed Trainer
    Spain

I just tested this out, and it appears to be working correctly. You're using the default SketchUp shadows dialog to do this? What date/time are you using in that dialog, maybe there's an error the occurs with a certain value.
    Best regards,
    Devin Kendig
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Devin.

Thanks for your answer. Sure I use SketchUp shadows dialog. Both from toolbar and floating window. Any date and any time I try, always the same. Shadows don't change.

But you've sent me a little light on this. I'm running ---- SU spanish version ---- Is it possible that spanish version had anything that makes v-ray to be confused? In spanish character codes, decimals are not "." but "," etc. I wonder if this is the reason why it doesn't work.

Regards.
      Pablo Arias
      V-Ray Licensed Trainer
      Spain

Comment

Hi again Devin.

I thought to reinstall SU to english version, but I've tried first changing regional settings to English (USA) and ...... voila!!!! IT WORKS. But this changes menu titles, etc... I've exchanged only decimal and grouping symbols and exactly the same: WORKS (menu titles, options, etc, in spanish)

You can reproduce it changing your regional settings to spanish (Spain) and RT on SU after rebooting system. (Or simply change your decimal symbol to "," instead of "." with your actual regional settings. No need to reboot system, only restart SU)

But.... This is a bug to resolve, don't you think? (I don't know if only in SU , VfS, or both)

Thanks for helping.

Regards,
        Pablo Arias.
        Pablo Arias
        V-Ray Licensed Trainer
        Spain

Comment

perfect! Thank you for testing this. That is very odd that the language setting effects the sun position, but you are correct, this is a bug we need to address. If it is not too much trouble, would you mind sending in a bug report about this? Just send an email to vfswip@chaosgroup.com with a summary of what we just discussed, and we will try to get this fixed in the next patch.
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Sure, Devin. I'll send it tomorrow morning.

Regards.
            Pablo Arias.
            Pablo Arias
            V-Ray Licensed Trainer
            Spain

Comment

Working...
            X