Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Issues

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues regarding their license. When I first got the software, I installed on an old computer while waiting for a new one to be delivered. Since I've installed it on the new one, I've had a ton of issues with the license. More often than not, when I open sketchup, I get a prompt stating that it could not check out the license and to check if the license server is running and that I have an available license. When I try to open the license server, however, I get another prompt stating that it could not open due to another instance running. I typically have to remove the hardware key and restart sketchup in order for it to recognize the license. It will work fine for a while, but then sometimes when I start a rendering it tells me in the progress window that it could not obtain a license. Again, I have to remove the hardware key, plug it back in, often to no avail, forcing me to close sketchup entirely.

Other issues I've had are the stamp on the frame buffer not always working and sometimes when I close a rendering that's in progress, make some change and re-render, it tells me that a rendering is still in progress even though I've closed the frame buffer and progress window.

Anyone else having these issues?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi,

If you could submit this to our support team at vraysketchup@chaosgroup.com they would be happy to help you out, there are some solutions for your licensing issues. The other issues you've mentioned, like the problem with the re-render problem, are bugs we've seen and are fixing in the soon to be released patch.

As far as the stamp on the frame buffer. I've not seen this one, could you elaborate on how it happens? I'd be interested in hearing the steps to reproduce it since I've not had the issue myself. The more I know about the problem the more I can help get it fixed if it is a bug.

Thanks for pointing these issues out and please, contact our support team at the email I provided so we can get you up and running with your licences server stuff.
    Best,
    Ted Vitale
    V-Ray for SketchUp
    Product Manager | V-Ray SketchUp

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Ted. I've contacted support and they're working to resolve the issue. I was just wondering if others have had the same problem. Regarding the stamp, I really only use it for comparison of render times. Sometimes I'll click on the stamp at the end of the rendering process and it will show me the times, and sometimes I'll click on the stamp and it won't show up at all.

Comment

Working...
      X