Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT bug in service pack 1?

Hello,

I've just installed the new service pack 1 (2.00.24261) for VFSU and it seems much better, but I noticed something in vray RT that I've already reported before.
    Is this a bug or RT don't have support for vray plane,vray materials, BRDF layer, proxy and transparency? (or maybe something I'm doing wrong?)
    Attachiments 01 and 02: 01 using RT in CPU mode and 02 in GPU cuda mode. I'm using windows 8 64bit and an NVIDIA quadro 4000.
    It's a very simple scene containing a sketchup derrek component, vray plane, 3 spheres (orange: with standard material; green: with vray material; purple: standard with BRDF layer), 2 planes with a leaf with transparency aplyied and a fully textured proxy.

Another thing I've noticed is that RT don't work with render region in any mode. Is this a bug or some feature to be implemented in the future? (Image 03 attached)

Thanks

Caetano
    Attached Files

that's funny, I just noticed the render region thing earlier today, I'd never tried that before. Guess render region is not supported in RT.

Comment

Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post
      that's funny, I just noticed the render region thing earlier today, I'd never tried that before. Guess render region is not supported in RT.
      Have you tryed using RT in GPU mode? I think there's no support for vray plane,vray materials, BRDF layer, proxy and transparency. Everything works fine in CPU mode (image 01 of the first post) but not in GPU mode (image 02 of the first post). Please let me know if you experience the same issues.

Thanks

Comment

there are some features that are not currently supported in RT: http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/help...d_features.htm There are more limitations in place for GPU renders: http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/help...render_gpu.htm

I'm not certain about region render compatibility with RT, but I'm pretty sure it is supposed to work. I can confirm I also have this issue on my machine, so it appears we do have a bug on our hands. If you could report this bug, by sending an email to vfswip@chaosgroup.com, that would be most helpful.
        Best regards,
        Devin Kendig
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by dkendig View Post
          there are some features that are not currently supported in RT: http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/help...d_features.htm There are more limitations in place for GPU renders: http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/help...render_gpu.htm

I'm not certain about region render compatibility with RT, but I'm pretty sure it is supposed to work. I can confirm I also have this issue on my machine, so it appears we do have a bug on our hands. If you could report this bug, by sending an email to vfswip@chaosgroup.com, that would be most helpful.
          Hi Devin, I just reported this RT render region bug.

Another thing is that I just read this documentation that you gave the link, and it says that RT in GPU mode should work with Vray Materials and proxys. I made a test with vray for 3ds max 2.40.04 and the RT(GPU) works with transparency as well, but doesn't recognize the vray plane. Just like RT(GPU) in VFSU.
          So, RT(GPU) in VFSU not working with vray material, BRDF layer in STD material, PNG and TIFF transparency and proxies could be considered a bug as well? Or maybe my video card? Would be nice if someone could test and share here...

Thanks for your answer,

Caetano

Comment

I'm not seeing any bug reports in our bug tracker. Are you certain you emailed vfswip@chaosgroup.com?
            Best regards,
            Devin Kendig
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by caecarvalho@hotmail.com View Post
              RT(GPU) in VFSU not working with vray material, BRDF layer in STD material, PNG and TIFF transparency and proxies could be considered a bug as well? Or maybe my video card? Would be nice if someone could test and share here...
              If you could send us that small scene you were showing us the render results from that will make it easier for us to track this down. Please use the "Pack scene" tool we have in the Plugins -> V-Ray menu - this tool makes sure it grabs all assets and zips them up for us. You can send them to vfswip@chaosgroup.com also
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I'm not seeing any bug reports in our bug tracker. Are you certain you emailed vfswip@chaosgroup.com?
                Hi Devin,

That's weird... I sent this e-mail yesterday nigth and got a response already from Ted, he told me it's a not supported feature yet...

Comment

Originally posted by joe_b View Post
                  If you could send us that small scene you were showing us the render results from that will make it easier for us to track this down. Please use the "Pack scene" tool we have in the Plugins -> V-Ray menu - this tool makes sure it grabs all assets and zips them up for us. You can send them to vfswip@chaosgroup.com also
                  Hi Joe,

I'll send it tonight.

Thank's,

Caetano

Comment

Oh, well if it was responded to and closed, I suppose that's why it's not showing up in my search. RT region render should work... Just talked with Ted, there was a miscommunication. This is a bug.

We did a test with RT GPU and the opacity slot for the VRayBRDF, and that appears to be working properly. Please note though, the VRayBRDF and V-Ray Material, do not work the same way as the Standard material's diffuse layer. We have an option in the diffuse layer to use the color texture's alpha channel as the transparency map, this does not exist in the VRayBRDF or the V-Ray material.

I don't see anything wrong with the proxy in the renders you attached to this thread.
                    Last edited by dkendig; 21-03-2014, 08:21 AM.
                    Best regards,
                    Devin Kendig
                    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Oh, well if it was responded to and closed, I suppose that's why it's not showing up in my search. RT region render should work... Just talked with Ted, there was a miscommunication. This is a bug.

We did a test with RT GPU and the opacity slot for the VRayBRDF, and that appears to be working properly. Please note though, the VRayBRDF and V-Ray Material, do not work the same way as the Standard material's diffuse layer. We have an option in the diffuse layer to use the color texture's alpha channel as the transparency map, this does not exist in the VRayBRDF or the V-Ray material.

I don't see anything wrong with the proxy in the renders you attached to this thread.
                      Hi devin,

Ok, so this RT render region is thing is already cleared up...

About the materials,actually , in that test scene I tested the materials without transparency in the spheres. They are simply a color with reflection and a bit of glossiness. In the RT GPU render, the only one that showed properly was the sphere that had a STD material, the 2 black ones had vray material and vray std with BRDF layer. The 2 planes with the leaf was where I applyied a simple standard material with PNG image on diffuse slot and the option "use color texture as transparency" ticked. It worked fine in CPU but the texture desaperd in GPU mode.

It happened the same with the proxy, in the first render using CPU it displayed all the materials correct, but in the render with GPU the proxy was there but without all materials.

Thanks,

Caetano

Comment

Working...
                      X