Batch Rendering in Sketchup - "V-Ray is still rendering, please wait."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Rendering in Sketchup - "V-Ray is still rendering, please wait."

I am using V-Ray v 2 (with service pack 1) and Sketchup 2014 Pro and cannot seem to get the batch render tool to work with distributed rendering. It will finish the first rendering, switch to the next scene in Sketchup then display "V-Ray is still rendering, please wait." At that point I have to hit OK and the batch rendering stops. The first rendering appears complete and it manages to save the render file, but it won't move on to the rest of the renderings. The render progress window displays "closing DR session" after the "V-Ray is still rendering" message, so it seems like the BR just needs to wait a little longer before moving on to the next scene? Other information that may be of use: This is a Windows 7 Pro computer, 8GB RAM, Quad Core Xeon E5. I'm saving to a local hard drive. I am using distributed rendering with one other computer (similar specs). This is a relatively simple model and renderings complete in about 2 or 3 minutes. Any ideas? Is it just me or is this a bug?
    Last edited by secretagent214; 18-04-2014, 07:02 AM.

It's been hit or miss for me too. I get that more often than not where it hangs after the first one and says "Vray is still rendering". Sometimes it does work tho. Wish I knew what made the difference. I'm using DR too.

Comment

same here. mostly not working though.

Comment

i just saw that there was an update available. now it's working great.

Comment

Working...
        X