Groups Within Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groups Within Groups

I sort of thought this was resolved?. I am really struggling with something right now, we bought the plugin 3DArcStudio Tree maker and its really good for making plants and trees etc but it creates them as grouped components. The problem I am having is twofold;

1. Some of the grouped geometry fails to render (groups within groups)
    2. You can adjust the colour of the plant elements within the plug in and but these colour adjustments also fail to render

The issues seem to be linked because if you remove the mapped image (flower petal for example) form the SU material palette and replace it with a standard colour then the whole thing will render.

Any advice would be really appreciated as I have been tasked with creating an external scene and its really not working out for me right now.

Scene example is attached.
    Attached Files

Hi LOAM,

Unfortunately we don't currently support color adjustments inside of Sketchup Materials. You can however adjust colors in the V-Ray Material. I suggest using the VRayBRDF Material to do this or alter the texture map in a photo manipulation software.

As far as the missing texture, this is a bug. It seems to have to do with us not being able to find the flower texture. Because there are a lot of 3rd party plugins out there we cant guarantee our compatibility with all of them. But since 3DArcStudios Tree maker is as popular as it is, Ill see about getting dome new support for it. In the meantime, I'll log the file along with this issue and It should be resolved in a future service release of V-Ray for Sketchup.
    Last edited by tedvitale; 19-08-2014, 10:18 AM.
    Best,
    Ted Vitale
    V-Ray for SketchUp
    Product Manager | V-Ray SketchUp

Chaos Group

Comment

There's also a "color correction" texture that you can use in the vray material. I've been using that a lot lately. The link to the bitmap is maintained in SU.

Comment

Thanks chaps, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
        X