Extract geometry from vrsene file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extract geometry from vrsene file

I'd like to export my sketchup as proxy scene which already contains some proxy meshes in it. It works fine. I exported it as vrscene and open it in 3ds max. But didn't find an option to convert my vrscene to geometry, something could be done with proxy meshes (show the whole mesh). I need it to do for exporting my scene made it SketchUp where some vray proxy meshes were used at the same time with the real geometry. And I need it as real geometry because I'd like to export it to KeyShot render software. I can't turn of the option in SU "show the whole model" of this proxies because of they got a lot ot polygons. So the only way is to export like proxy scene. But after that I don't know how to convert it to real geometry and then export it to KeyShot or other software for example.

afaik, not possible in Max - there is no "import" functionality in Max, it only allows you to link the vrscene as a proxy (SKP allows both). Even so, here is no functionality to read a linked vrmesh from a skp scene to a 3ds Max scene - how the mats are applied and the material stacks are completely different. You could try to insert the same vrmesh into Max at the same location, but you'll have to rebuild the material(s).

You could also try to export your entire skp model as a vrmesh (make it into a group and then export to vrmesh proxy to bring into Max). you'll get geometry, but no materials - but might be good enough?

Comment

You could try to insert the same vrmesh into Max at the same location, but you'll have to rebuild the material(s).
      Yes, but I hoped that maybe there is a way to extract all the geometry from vrscene file. I don't care about the materials as I will do them in KeyShot.

Comment

Working...
      X