render simple animation issue - only render the scene I am currently on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render simple animation issue - only render the scene I am currently on

Hi I am trying to render a simple animation; screw goes from up to down position.

I created two scene in sketchup; one with screw in up position, one with screw in down position. the screws are in their own respected layers, for the up scene, I hide the down position screw, only shows the up position screw. For the down scene, I hid the up positioned screw, show the down positioned screw.

When I render the animation, seems vray only renders the scene I am currently on, if I am on the up scene, vray renders 29 frames of the screws up position scene. the screws does not move one bit in any of the 29 frames.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	screwaway.JPG
Views:	810
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1087076
    screw up scene

Name:	screwin.JPG
Views:	754
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1087077
    Screw down scene

Name:	susetting.JPG
Views:	758
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1087083
    SU setting

Name:	result.png
Views:	722
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1087080
    My rendered result (the screw is in the same position)

Name:	setting.JPG
Views:	808
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1087081
    Vray setting
    Attached Files

Hi

Set Scene Delay = 0 seconds (in SU Model Info settings)

I think the first 30 frames will be exactly the same due to this delay (1 second = 30 frames) and true animation starts after frame 30.

Or you can start animation rendering at frame 30 (in VR Asset Editor - Animation - Time segment = Frame Range / Start = 30 / End = max value)

BUT screws will not move slowly down anyway. They will suddenly appear at second position from one frame to the next one. You can test some plugins like SU Animate, or MS Physics (for SU2017) if you want to animate components in SketchUp.

Regards
    Last edited by pabloarias; 07-10-2020, 03:10 AM.
    Pablo Arias
    V-Ray Licensed Trainer
    Spain

Comment

Currently for animations we only use the interface that Sketchup exposes. This means that on render/export we export the model as is currently viewed. Then if an animation is present we ask SketchUp for the following information for each frame:
      1) camera transform
      2) sun transform
      There are more native SketchUp animation features we would like to support, including face-me-components, section-planes and entity visibility. We do not however plan on supporting third party plugin animation tools any time soon. They are welcome to interface with us though. We now have a public API they can leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by noel.warren View Post
        Currently for animations we only use the interface that Sketchup exposes. This means that on render/export we export the model as is currently viewed. Then if an animation is present we ask SketchUp for the following information for each frame:
        1) camera transform
        2) sun transform
        There are more native SketchUp animation features we would like to support, including face-me-components, section-planes and entity visibility. We do not however plan on supporting third party plugin animation tools any time soon. They are welcome to interface with us though. We now have a public API they can leverage.
        Hi so in short, vray does not support the animation I am looking to do currently?

Comment

Have you tried Fredo Animator plugin? As i know it supports vray..

Comment

Originally posted by kenancakir View Post
            Have you tried Fredo Animator plugin? As i know it supports vray..
            yes, I bought it, used last year, not remembering if it helped or not, nothing jumped out. I would've remembered if it was a solution but didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by aenc_randyc View Post

Hi so in short, vray does not support the animation I am looking to do currently?
              Correct. Though we do plan to support this at some point in the future.

I believe Fredo recently improved his support for V-Ray. You may want to check it out again.

Comment

Originally posted by noel.warren View Post

Correct. Though we do plan to support this at some point in the future.

I believe Fredo recently improved his support for V-Ray. You may want to check it out again.
                Thanks, I will revisit fredo again. I'd love to be able to use V-Ray for this tho.

Comment

Working...
                X