No announcement yet.

Paint color question? The best method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint color question? The best method?

Hello everyone, I am currently working on a scene and use Benjamin paint colors for all the walls. I have been just creating these colors in sketchup and adding to the walls and ceilings. Should I be doing this in Vray by creating a generic and then changing the RGB values to the exact color I want? When I do it the way I have been, my walls look a little flat ARGH! I know I am doing something really wrong and there are probably other settings I have wrong as well

Any help to aim me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you once again!

Jay

I have been just creating these colors in sketchup and adding to the walls and ceilings. Should I be doing this in Vray by creating a generic and then changing the RGB values to the exact color I want?
    Every SU material is automatically listed as a V-Ray Generic material in the Asset Editor.
    The color picked in SU will be automatically set as the V-Ray material's Diffuse color.
    Because of that it doesn't really matter which method you use - both should work equally as well.
    I personally prefer the V-Ray color picker.

When I do it the way I have been, my walls look a little flat ARGH! I know I am doing something really wrong and there are probably other settings I have wrong as well
    Any help to aim me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!
    First of all, can you define flat? Please attach images if that's easier.
    I also have to know where are you getting the color values from and what their measurement unit and color space is?

Konstantin

Comment

Thank you! I use the RGB values I get from a site where you can type in any color from Benjamin Moore and they give you the RGB values for that particular color. I then create it ins sketchup and apply to the walls and ceilings. I am probably just not setting my lights properly amongst a host of other things I am doing wrong!!

Jay

Comment

Thank you! I use the RGB values I get from a site where you can type in any color from Benjamin Moore and they give you the RGB values for that particular color. I then create it ins sketchup and apply to the walls and ceilings. I am probably just not setting my lights properly amongst a host of other things I am doing wrong!!
        I'll test this out myself and get back to you.

Comment

I sampled a color from the Benjamin Moore webpage and created a Generic V-Ray material with the same diffuse color.

Here's the result:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	BM_Color_01.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	873.2 KB
ID:	1094285

It looks correct.
          I could not find the exact RGB values on their webpage so I had to sample it from the webpage preview...
          This Poseidon color values are - R:1, G:167, B:162
          You can give it a try in your scene.

If your problem persists, please share the scene and I'll tell you if there is something else set incorrectly.

Konstantin

Comment

GREAT! Thank you Konstantin for taking the time!!

Jay

Comment

Working...
            X