A quick Texture Map Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick Texture Map Question?

Hello, I have downloaded a texture I want to use and wondering which maps I should plug into Vray? I know the Diffuse and Normal maps for sure, but what about the other ones? I will be using this texture on a table.

Thank you!!

Merry Xmas

Jay
    Attached Files

Hi Jay,

The Specular one could be used as a map in your material's Reflection rollout texture slot, while Displacement, for example, could be added if you assign a Displacement attribute within the material or use the new (and recommended) Displacement modifier. To read more about it, please visit: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...P/Displacement

Best would be to show us what you want to achieve so we can have a better understanding and guide you properly.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Jay,

What Nikoleta has described is exactly right.
      On the other hand I would not recommend using displacement unless you want to see a really pronounced surface curvature.
      Flat materials like this wood usually look great with just a Normal / Bump map.
      Displacement works better for stone walls where you might want to see the stone shapes breaking up the silhouette of the object.
      Note that the displacement is a pretty expensive effect to render. It'll use more memory and increase render times.

Konstantin

Comment

Thank you once again konstantin!!

Jay

Comment

Working...
        X