Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray SunLight vs Sketchup Shadows Menu

Been wondering this for a while:

If I set the date and time in the Sketchup native SHADOWS rollout, when will V-Ray use those settings? It seems to use them when I UNCHECK the Custom Orientation slider in the VRay SunLight menu. As soon as I check the Custom Orientation slider, V-Ray ignores any changes I make in the native Sketchup rollout.

If I uncheck the master SunLight switch in V-Ray, the Sketchup rollout can then seem to change the lighting in the render when I mess with the date/time settings. Where is V-Ray getting this illumination from if I've "switched the sun off" in V-Ray?

Do the "Use sun for shading" box and the LIGHT/DARK sliders in Sketchup do anything to affect the render? They don't seem to as far as I can tell.

What about the Show/Hide Shadows toggle in Sketchup?

Thanks,
    Andy

Hi andy_smith

You have pretty much explained exactly the behavior

When using Custom Orientation, SketchUp's controls are disregarded, and the adjustments of the widget in the Asset Editor are taken into consideration.

Originally posted by andy_smith View Post
    Where is V-Ray getting this illumination from if I've "switched the sun off" in V-Ray?
    This is Global Illumination (secondary rays) from the Environment > Sky texture

In respect to the other SketchUp options, they only affect the viewport representation

Comment

Working...
    X