Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emissive Images....am I missing something.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emissive Images....am I missing something.

Hi All,

I'm asking this question on here specifically for Vray 5 as all the help videos / YouTube etc. seem to be for Vray Next or Vray 3. Now I am coming form a number of years rendering on Thea and have done a couple of paid jobs since switching over to Vray and been very pleased with the results and speed on my 3090.
    However, one thing is driving me nuts, specifically making an illuminated sign. In previous versions of Vray this seemed to be incredibly easy as each material have a quick settings tab where you could apply things like emissivity directly to it but this seems to have been removed in Vray 5 !?

I do a lot of dolls house type renders and I often need to create wall mounted display posters that are back lit. I will apply the bitmap to a face as a material and then I simply want to make it "glow" / emissive but can't make it happen.

"Sometimes" I can apply an emissive layer on top but the preview never works and it only actually works 1 time in 10. On the rare occasion it does work, the preview ball will also display correctly next time it is opened.

So in summary, am I missing something as it seems incredibly unintuitive to do such a simple thing as make an image based material emissive. ?

Don’t begin with a generic material. Instead, start with a new emissive material and apply your bitmap in the color channel, that ought to fix it for you.

Comment

Thanks, I tried that by accident and it did indeed work thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X