Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me how to match colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me how to match colors?

I'm struggling with color match, I used the same RGB for both materials but one is getting lighter and I don't know how to make them look the same.

In the lower material I just changed the diffuse color using the RGB I wanted
    In the upper material I did the same thing but then I did a Mix (operator) and in text B I added the AO for the shingles and added the Bump for the shingles

Can someone explain how to make them look the same?
    Thanks

Hi Kikoita,

If you share the model, I'll take a look and let you know what causes the difference between the materials.

Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin

When I try to upload the file, it's saying that I'm not allowed to upload .skp files, so I zipped the file and still I'm not allowed to upload that file too

Comment

Hi Konstantin

I attached the file, please let me know what I'm doing wrong

Thanks
        MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

There is a missing texture file which I'll need in order to say what's going on - ug3qchmew_1K_AO.jpg

Comment

Thanks Konstantin

Here the missing file
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kikoita,

The difference between the materials is caused by the Diffuse / Roughness parameter.
              The SHINGLES material uses a texture for the roughness (missing in my case) which changes the way in which the material reacts to the light.
              The SIDING material has no Diffuse / Roughness texture and the value of the parameter is set to 0.
              To fix this you have to do the following:
              • Select the SHINGLES material and expand it's advanced parameter
              • In the Diffuse rollout remove the Roughness map and set the Roughness value to 0
              Click image for larger version

Name:	testRender001.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	1107405

Here's the file with the fix - Scene Kikoita.zip
              Note that I've also disabled the bump maps for both materials since those texture are also missing.

Also note that Roughness maps from PBR texture sets should not be used in the Diffuse / Roughness slot of the V-Ray material.
              Usually you have to do the following to apply the map:
              • Set the Reflection / Surface Control parameter to Use Roughness.
              • Connect the texture to the Reflection Roughness slot

Hope that helps,
              Konstantin

Comment

Konstantin Thank you so much for the help

I honestly don't know how I got the diffuse/roughness parameter I didn't even know it was there and the slot was pointing to nothing. Changing that didn't do much so I started to play with all the parameters and the thing I found is that I forgot to set the Normal in the Siding material to linear. After that change they are almost the same color

Thank you again

Comment

OK, makes sense.
                  I did disable all bump maps to achieve the result I shared.
                  Note that I've also disabled the bump maps for both materials since those texture are also missing.

Comment

Working...
                  X