Swarm Node Not Pitching In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swarm Node Not Pitching In

So I've been through the tutorials and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have two machines I want to use to render:
    1. iang-mor-d2: My main machine running Sketchup 21 w/ V-Ray 5
    2. breppert-kop-d1: A node just running V-Ray Swarm that I would like to pitch in and speed up my renders a bit.
    As you can see, when I fire up V-Ray Swarm UI, they're both found and enabled:

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1107821

Then I turn on swarm, turn Swarm on, and set Network Discover to Auto-Discover (Note: Refreshing tags here doesn't bring up any of my tags):

Name:	02.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1107822

But when I render, I can see by the labeling on each block that breppert-kop-d1 isn't doing any of the rendering. Every single block is my main machine's CPU or GPU:

Name:	03.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1107823

I did try turning Auto-Discover off, and when I did, I could select my tags. But even if I selected every tag, and then rendered again, it's still just my primary machine doing all the work:

Name:	04.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1107824

I'd love to consider another node license or two, but frankly, I can't seem to get the 2nd machine to help render, so what good is a 3rd or 4th. Figuring this out would be hugely helpful for me. So if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thank you!

Does the node have the same version of sketchup installed ? I know "zero" about Swarm, but i was having the same problem and then i realised that the node has sketchup 2020 installed and not 2021 (the file is made with 2021). When i updated the render node to have SKP 2021 installed it fixed the problem - it will now participate in the render. I thought the idea behind swarm was that you didnt have to install anything much...... The only problem i see now is that the render node takes way too long to load all the assets. The rendering takes 10 minutes to complete but the render node takes 9min30sec to load all the assets, so its only contributing a fraction to the overall rendering
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

Hi igendreau

Please get in touch with our Technical Support via our contact form so they can assist you with your Swarm rendering issue as they might need additional information from you. Thanks!
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X