Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious about Chaos Cosmos

Hi,

I'm loving the new features and I'm able to make renders right from modeling to finish in a couple of minutes now. Thanks a ton for all the new features and advancements you guys are making. It's definitely going to change the industry in a big way.

With that said, I'm curious to know if you're planning to add new models and build a large library for chaos cosmos. Also, do you plan to work with manufacturers directly and create ready to render models? Like how Sketchup has in their products category for 3d warehouse. Also how do we contribute to the library if we have good 3d models with loaded vray materials?

Also, where does the models get saved on my local drive if I click on download? I don't want my c drive to get full with Cosmos Models.

Hi manishpaul_simon

We're glad to hear you enjoy Chaos Cosmos and all other new features!

Regarding your queries:
    1. I'm curious to know if you're planning to add new models and build a large library for chaos cosmos.
      Yes, we are - we want to expand the content library and we will continue adding new models. We are planning to extend the complimentary Cosmos Library throughout 2021 as additional V-Ray products include Cosmos. You can even request additions through the Cosmos forum section.
    2. Also, do you plan to work with manufacturers directly
      We are already collaborating with content publishers - Chaos teamed with some of the world’s leading 3D publishers to populate the Cosmos Library. You can see who created each Cosmos asset if you click on it in the Cosmos Browser, or alternatively, go to the Creators tab.
    3. Also how do we contribute to the library if we have good 3d models with loaded vray materials?
      This is not yet possible, but our development is looking into future options.
    4. Also, where does the models get saved on my local drive if I click on download?
      By default, Chaos Cosmos assets are saved in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Chaos Cosmos\Packages
      However, you can set another directory if you'd like by editing the Cosmos Browser configuration file. To find out how to do so, please visit: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...load+Directory
      Please keep in mind that storing assets in a shared network location is not yet supported, but our developers are working on it as we speak.
    Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 22-03-2021, 08:16 AM.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X