Swarm rendering and asset resources timelag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swarm rendering and asset resources timelag

I was trying to test Vray5 swarm to see how it compares against my old software (thea v2). With the old software, network rendering is near instantaneous - you dont see any lag on the render nodes. I am very new to Vray in Sketchup (used to be a Max user) but i noticed terrible lag.
    During almost all of a 10 minute rendering, the render slave is spending all that time receiving assets like texture files etc. Its a small model of an interior space with about 10 models from the Cosmos library. My network speed is OK (I tested it with "LAN Speed Test" and it says 250 Mbps Upload speed, 850Mb download speed).
    Normally I use a cloud storage solution for all my assets so that all nodes are always working from the exact same resource and they dont need to download anything at render time. However, i dont know how to do that with sketchup Vray & Cosmos. How do i bypass this problem ?
    In 3dsMax its easy since i can easily edit the paths of all assets in any scene and make sure everything is pointing to the same location on the Cloud share (I use Onedrive personal account).
    Or is there some other way to get Swarm working properly ? Taking almost 10 minutes before it starts rendering a fairly simple scene doesnt make any sense
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Same here but for Rhino! It's not 10 minutes but probably 2 or 3. I always took this for normal but when I hear that instant rendering with the nodes is possible I am wondering if this might be possible for swarm, too. I'm working with a NAS system so all the nodes could directly access all the textures etc... To me it seems, that the master first collects everything and then sends it to the nodes which in the case of a local network would be not very efficient. But I might be wrong...

Any thought of the Chaos team on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Toni

Comment

The other thing i am finding now - after trying again with Swarm - is that the renderslave is not rendering the scene correctly. The green highlights show the renderslave buckets
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Snag_51e96b.png
Views:	137
Size:	589.5 KB
ID:	1108627
      Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

I think it might also be the denoiser that is causing problems - it seems to be failing to denoise various discrete areas of the image, resulting in wierd splotches

Comment

Working...
        X