Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendertime and Hardware Usage, Settings improvment

Hello all,

I am new to Vray and at all in rendering. I have to do a simulation of a foldingdoor. I have created the animation with Sketchup 2021 and Fredo's Animator. The resultion that are required is 1280x720.
    At all I am not sure about the settings I have to use and the time the rendering will take.

My system are an AMD 5950x, Systemmemory 64GB, Nvidia RTX5000 with 16GB VRam.

I am using cuda with cpu and my rtx 5000.

At the moment, for each image I need ca.130 sec. to render.

Please find attached the settings I am using at the moment.

It would be realy nice if some one who have more experiance in this can look over my settings and tell me if they will be ok at all.

What I have seen is, that the utilationation of my gpu is reay low and my cpu runs at 100%. Please see the images regading to this point.

Is this normal?

I would be realy happy for any suggestion to improve my settings.

Thank you very much in advance.

Andreas

Hi andreas_frank

It would be realy nice if some one who have more experiance in this can look over my settings and tell me if they will be ok at all.
    Render settings depend on the quality of the images you want to achieve. Naturally, if you want higher quality, you can use the High or High+ Quality Preset from the Asset Editor or customize the settings to your desire. Keep in mind that higher quality results in longer render times. We've prepared a great article on the matter: Render Settings Explained - Quality vs. Render Time which you can check.

What I have seen is, that the utilationation of my gpu is reay low and my cpu runs at 100%.
    It may be that you've checked the CPU/GPU utilization during the Building Light Cache phase - which is being utilized by the CPU; To better monitor the usage, please make sure to select CUDA from the Task Manager's GPU section drop-down menu. Do let us know if the CPU goes 100% utilized during the whole rendering process. Also, make sure that you've selected your GPU from the Select Devices option in the Asset Editor.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi nikoleta.garkova
      thank you very much for you reply

I have changed my settings and using the render time. I have set it to 0,5 and my resoltuion to 1280x720. With the Nvidia AI-Denoiser I get a good result. Hope my boss will see it the same way .

I don't know about the setting for CUDA in the taskmangager until you mentoned it, thank you.
      I have selected it from dropdown like suggested. You can see that ther is not really utilationation of the GPU (please find image attached).
      Also I have attached an image from the CPU utilationation in the middle of the rendering process. The upps and downs are from the frames that are prozessed.

What do you think of my hardware configuration for rendering. Any suggestion to do some optimations?

Edit on 30.03.2021:
      What I have seen is, when I click on Render with VRay on the V-Ray Asset Editor, the CUDA on CPU goes to 100% but not when Rendering via Fredos Animator. There is CUDA still a 0%.

With kind regars
      Andreas
      Last edited by andreas_frank; 30-03-2021, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Hi andreas_frank

Thanks for clarifying. In case Fredo Animator is not taking into account your render settings and preferences, this should be more of an issue on their side, since with V-Ray 5 we've exposed a new public API which other extension developers can use to ensure the compatibility of their products with V-Ray. I will still investigate if I can reproduce this in our environment.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X