Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exposure Value and a real life DSLR camera question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exposure Value and a real life DSLR camera question?

Hi,

I've been using the Advanced Camera Parameters thus far since I am also familiar with how a DSLR works.

But I've been tinkering with Exposure Value (EV) and I was wondering if it works similar to a DSLR.

The problem is that every time I drag the EV slider to the right, I notice that only the ISO changes in the Advanced Camera parameters.

And most professional photographers know that a higher ISO means more Noise in the image.

So do higher ISO levels in the Vray Camera settings create more noise in the renders?
    It would be great if you could explain how you've been able to avoid noise in the render despite having a high ISO number.

Thanks

There’s not such issue with Vray physical camera, provided the overall exposure is well balanced you can rise your ISO as much as you want.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Hi manishpaul_simon,

sirio76 is correct.
      In V-Ray the ISO does not increase the noise levels.
      Keep in mind that the F-Number affects depth of field while the Sutter Speed affects motion blur.
      We waned to have an EV slider that doesn't change any of those effects - this is actually the main reason why we hooked it up this way.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
      X