Fire not rendered correctly on side or back view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire not rendered correctly on side or back view

I am trying to create fire flame inside a double sided fireplace. The flames are emissive materials w/ fire flame bitmap assigned to component w/ "always face camera" enabled so the fire shows up correctly on SU window at different viewing angles. The front view is rendered correctly. However when trying to render from an angle on the side, the interior of the fireplace including fire don't show correctly. When render from the back of the fireplace the flame loses its emissive attribute ("emit on back side" is checked). What did I miss? Really appreciate if someone could shed some light.
    I have uploaded my models and material files here for your review: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...EGGzwmnaxhUGWa
    I use SU2021 & VRay 5 Pro latest version (5.10.03) on Windows 10.

Front view - rendered correctly:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	916.8 KB
ID:	1112143
    Side view - only partial fire shows up

Name:	Side.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1112144
    Side view - fire completely gone

Name:	Side 2.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	913.4 KB
ID:	1112145
    Back view - fire not emissive

Name:	Back.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	840.3 KB
ID:	1112146

Hi mandy_lam,

Thank you very much for providing the project files!

I've managed to test it and it appears it was not showing correctly due to flipped faces of the Glass/Fuel bed. If you select that on both sides and right-click > Reverse Faces, it should render in respect to the angle accordingly. Please check the following screen-recording.

Regarding the emissive issues, there are some known GPU limitations in regards to Emissive materials and the Compensate EV option; if you switch to CPU you should not have any issues. We'll let you know when this is fixed.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Nikoleta , Thank you so much!! really appreciate the prompt responses too. THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
      X