Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render resolutión and subdivids in light cache

Hi Konstantin and Peter Chauchev

May i ask... Should i use 2000 subdivids as default with very high settings or should i use 3000 subdivids for a high resolution 5000x3500 px. I am going to render a heavy interior scene with gpu rtx, the scene has fur, displacement, Lot of objects and a Big garden.

Thanks in advance

Hi luisgamino2,

As a general rule of thumb for animations, 3000 subdivs/retrace 8.0 should suffice. These settings can go lower or higher depending on the project setup, so best would be to test out and adjust that to your needs. In case you notice any issues, you can always let us know so we can check. Additionally, you may find our article on Render Settings Explained - Quality vs. Render Time useful, along with information about the Light Cache settings here.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi luisgamino2,

As Nikoleta said the settings that work best are mostly scene specific.

In general 2000 subdivisions should be enough for a good secondary bounce Light Cache solution.
      Note that the light cache map doesn't have to be perfect since V-Ray calculates the primary GI bounce using a different engine (BF).
      The light cheche data is just sampled by the primary GI.
      You should just do a test render and if you don't see splotches or light leak artifacts in the GI, then leave it at 2000.
      If the scene you're rendering is not an animation then even 1000 might be enough.

Konstantin

Comment

Thanks nikoleta and Konstantin i think i'm going to use 2000 subdivids for light cache. It is a static render

Comment

Working...
        X