how to adjust horizon line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to adjust horizon line?

I have an exterior scene where my house is located on a hill side. The horizon line is so high that it leaves a big blank area at the background. Applying HDRI background doesn't help. Adjusting HDRI text placement only affects the image above the horizon line. If there is no way to lower the horizon, what should I do to fill the "blank"? thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210713 N.jpg
Views:	1690
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	1119408

There is too much empty space there, so lowering the horizon gives wrong perspective, adding background in ps after finding a picture that fits your work's perspective is my suggestion..

Comment

thanks for the suggestions. Just for future information: is there a way to adjust the horizon within SU/VR? Thanks.

Comment

You can add sky to the dome light, activate use transform option and rotate the dome geometry..

Comment

Thanks for the info. I tried that but no matter how I rotate the dome light the horizon line doesn't change. Would you mind take a look at my model and see what I did wrong? Many thanks!

Comment

If you are using vray plane you can rotate it, sorry, i can't open su 2021 files..

Comment

I can rotate the dome light no problem. Just that the rotation doesn't change horizon line. I've tried many different rotation angles, also tried rotating along all 3 axis's.
              I've saved my file in SU 2018 if you don't mind the trouble. Let me know if you need it on a different SU version. thanks.
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vC8...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

mandy_lam hi, i download and open your file.. There is dome light and a vray infinite plane in the scene.. You have to set dome light - hemispherical option to spherical and slightly rotate vray infinite plane on axis you need.. If vray infinite plane is not needed, delete it, make dome light spherical, play with dome light sky texture-ground options..
                If there was image in dome light, rotating it would adjust the horizon line..

Comment

Thank you for the tips. It works! I had 2 mistakes which you rightfully points out: 1. the infinite plane has hid whatever changes I made on the HDRI dome Rotate V value, I need to get rid of it; 2. the HDRI dome text placement should have been set to Spherical.
                  thank you again!

Comment

Working...
                  X