Help making a Poligon Texture.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help making a Poligon Texture.....

I just downloaded the texture pack for a Chain link fence from Poligon. However, this contains masks etc rather than a single diffuse so was looking for some step by step help on creating this material in Vray 5.

Below are the assets:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chainlink.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1119469

Make a basic metal shader and plug the various maps into the appropriate slots...simple as that

So the mask goes into opacity channel, normal into a Vraynormalmap, reflection to reflection etc.
    You probably don't want displacement but if you do them stick that in the disp map channel, or use it as a Vray displacement modifier map (you'll need 2 surfaces back to back for this if you want to see both sides)
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

"Make a basic metal shader" ...unfortunately I literally see no way to do that and 99% of relevant material is on the other platforms for Vray.

I've got it to work now in my own way:

Alpha masked in the defuse. mixed with the AO
      Mask in the opacity
      Normal, Gloss and Reflect in their respective slots
      Metalness to 1 and reflective to white.
      Last edited by jason_cafferty; 14-07-2021, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Hehe, ok, that is pretty basic

So a shader is the basic representation of a material - so without any bitmaps added to it.
        An example is either a metal, like chrome, or a simple plastic.
        It's just a mixture of parameters that describes what sort of physical material it is supposed to be - so e.g. the colour, whether it is metallic, if it is really reflective or more matte/blurry etc.

You easily choose a preset in the mat editor.

Also have a good look at the Vray docs, as they will give lots more info plus examples of different shader parameters.
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
        X