Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saving many materials from one model to another

Edit: working on iMac 5k, MacOS - Sketchup Pro 2022 - Vray 5.2

I'm trying to set up the materials on a collection of 30-40 cars so they are "render ready" and can then be dropped into my various architectural models without further editing.

This also applies to light fixtures - It would be great to set up light fixtures in a separate model, especially if the main model is getting large and slow, and then drop them into the main model once everything has been dialed in.

So far, it's been hit or miss, with some materials keeping their Vray settings and some defaulting to diffuse materials. I've seen a tutorial for .vrmat material settings, but it looked like I'd still have to relink all the materials every time I drop a car into a new model. If that's the case, I'd have to relink 30+ materials every time I load a new model with cars, which doesn't seem much faster than simply resetting the various materials from scratch.

Is there an easy/reliable way to keep many materials intact when transferring from model to model?

thanks in advance for any advice!!
    Kirk
    Last edited by kirk_fromm; 28-03-2022, 11:21 AM.

If you adjust and save your model as seperate file, then you can use it by importing or drag&drop into your work, they will come render ready..

Comment

You can right click on a model in your work and choose save as (or something similar, can't remember) and you can save that model as seperate component..
      Last edited by kenancakir; 28-03-2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Components has a connection, so, if you import a component, after that you change the original one, you can right click and uptade-reload it..

Comment

Not sure I follow. I've added a couple more details to my post - my system and software, etc. Not sure if it makes a difference. Thanks for your input!

Comment

You say some materials are correct and some are not, i missed that part sorry, i never faced that issue as i remember.. I use render ready models and they always come as i set them..

Comment

Working...
            X