Transferring VRSCENE files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring VRSCENE files

I have a packed file that was sent to me that has several plant components that are VRSCENE proxies. The maps and .vrscene files all live in the same folder but when I render, the proxies are black. Does VRay look in the folder with the file if a VRSCENE asset is missing or are the paths absolute?
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

I think another question I may have is, when you pack a scene that has VRSCENE assets in it, will VRay also pack all the assets that go with those .vrscene files? It seems not.
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

The filepaths are stored in the .vrscene file. you can check them in notepad or other txt editing program, but they will not be visible in the file Path Editor.
      Another thing you can do is to import the .vrscene files from the SketchUp's menu > File > import that way the vrscenes will be converted to regular geometry and the materials should be visible in the Asset Editor and the bitmaps should be visible in the File Path Editor.

Comment

Thank you Slavcho. I will try this method.
        Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Hi Matthew,

To answer your original question:
          The files referenced in the vrscene proxy are not automatically packed with the project.
          This is sometimes quite inconvenient since you have to manually move the files and search and replace the paths in the vrscene...
          Because of this and other reasons it is recommended to use Proxy Meshes instead of vrscenes.

We might come up with a solution for this in the future.

Regards,
          Konstantin

Comment

Working...
          X