No announcement yet.

Vray dirt ( include and exclude option)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray dirt ( include and exclude option)

Hi Konstantin

We need those control for vray dirt.

Again i had been spending some time to show how important is this option

I use vray dirt in both ways ( inner oclusión and ambient occlusion)

I just want that effects on walls and Wood furniture, i don't want vray dirt on some materials.

Here is the example... Sometimes i spent more time writing in the forums and asking for some inprovements that work hard on proyects.

Sometimes i feel when i'm working is like ooohhh god!!! We don't have these control yet, and is not going to work.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220329_115218385_MP~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.8 KB ID:	1143997 As You can see here, i don't want vray dirt on the textil chair, on the fur and the small tablecloth, i just want that effect on the table as You can see so the edges looks a little bit dirt and washed out. But not the hole scene...

Please believe me, sometimes i feel that You play with us, a vray user Kenankakir i think he is a senior member, he already talked a year ago about that, then nothing changed in more than 1.5 years. He posted it a little bit after vray 5 release. ( Hoping for a solution too, nothing happened)

Here is the example how important is include, exclude option list for vray for sketchup (the dirt texture)

I can do that on Photoshop and i can do that with material by material... But please listen to your users. You have those options for vray for 3d Max and Maya.

I don't like how is developing the software i really feel that when You bring something for vray for sketchup You only bring the small part, kind of the básic setup or at middle point.

But never gives us the complete options, the complete texture, is like bringing things at a half.

This is so important!!! Imposible to use vray dirt with inner oclusión!!!

If i use a dirt texture in the radius slot this is going to look Even better... But again we don't have the complete control on this, so stressfull.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by luisgamino2; 29-03-2022, 11:51 AM.

Exclude – Allows you to disable the calculation of the VRayDirt map for specific objects. Excluded object are not shaded by the VRayDirt map.

Affected by – Specifies a list of objects that affect the calculation of the VRayDirt map. Excluded objects are considered "invisible" for the calculations of the VRayDirt map - they don't produce the effect over other objects.

We don't have this options yet... Very usefull, very usefull!!!

Please consider more resources.

Best regards

Comment

Hi luisgamino2,

None of the Exclude options that you see in 3ds Max and Maya are available in V-Ray for SketchUp.
      The main reason for this is we never had a proper UI and infrastructure to support this kind of setups.
      Now with the addition of Scatter we have introduced such infrastructure.
      This makes the functionality you need possible to implement.
      I'll consider this for the next major update.

Regards,
      Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin

Thanks for the reply
        Let me explain You How i start using this render element and why those parameters are very important for me and probably for another vray users.

I begin to use vray dirt since the release of vray 5, i didnt do composite before vray 5 not Even with Photoshop with vray next.

But with the huge update with the VFB in vray 5 i decided to use this new method composite the RGB with render elements and i get a better render using composite since i can decrease or increase some parameters. ( It is incredible how right now You can play with RE in the VFB and increase the Beauty of the RGB render.

I use vray dirt on exterior walls using vray dirt with strikes ( Nice adittion with vray 5)

Then i use Vray dirt with both inner oclusión ( again Nice adittion too with the release of vray 5) and ambient occlusion

RE with vray dirt in ambient occlusion is perfect Konstantin there is no issues about that is perfect.

But with inner oclusión is different because sometimes aplies in a hole Window or a hole fabric, or vray hair material for fur.

Or sometimes to a tablecloth.

I showed My work to Peter Chauchev in the team viewer sesión

I like a Lot a rustic architecture in a modern way, so for me the pass on time is very important... Is like the Wabi- Sabi culture in Japan... Everything gets old.

And if i can use vray dirt with inner oclusión on walls, Wood furniture and some Lamps that could be really great

I believe right now the software is really Nice You can do what ever You want in vray for sketchup with a high degree of accuracy and with no long render times.

That been said if You can improve some little things like include/exclude options ( in vray dirt), resumable rendering, better vray fur and better vray hair material a long with the new support for the RE with Vray gpu for glass material so i can composite as it should be, complete control over the scene with or with out glass material on Windows we are going to have a really Nice and very proffesional software.

I really like vray Konstantin, i have never seen lumion or other render sofware... Just pure vray since i was studing architecture, is the Best software to work in spaces.

​​​​​​So thanks again Konstantin for take care about You users i really want to express My self to make vray for sketchup and Vray gpu solid as it can be!!! A real proffesional software which architecs can create a sublime spaces!!!

Best regards
        Luis Gamino

Last edited by luisgamino2; 15-04-2022, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Hi Luis,

Thank you for the positive feedback and for detailed description of how you use the product!
          We are doing our best to improve as much as possible as quickly as possible and all the user feedback we can get is valuable.
          Keep in mind that sometimes when we delay a feature there is a good reason for it.
          It is often something else internal that we're working on, something which unlocks future possibilities.

Regards,
          Konstantin

Comment

Working...
          X