Decal - Affected by Bump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decal - Affected by Bump?

If I place a decal on a wall that has a bump map, will the decal not be affected by that? If not, we need that feature! - pretty sure I saw Lumion do it in a demo.
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

Hi,
    Very good idea.
    I just tested it and unless I'm mistaken it doesn't work.
    I tried to put the same Bump texture in the Bump of the Decal material, it could work, but then we have a problem of UV mapping that does not match.
    Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
    Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
    3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
    Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
    GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

I’d imagine that it could be a tick box in the settings of the decal they would allow it to be affected by bump of underlying material. Seems like something you absolutely need.

Another request would be for the decal to maintain the proportions of the graphic you are using, or some
      kind of setting that matches the proportions of it.

Also, I’d love to be able to see the decal texture under the decal settings and not just the generic decal symbol.

Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Would be useful to have it work as you'd expect, however you can achieve a match with some tweaking of the tiling, if that helps until there's maybe an update
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Hi
          This is a Nice idea, it would be helpfull if vray team can bring decals with bump affected.

We Will need this at some point, since almost every material has bump effects and Also maybe can be developed to support normal map.

Comment

Hello all,

I have added this request in the internal ticketing(ref num VMAX-11832)

Comment

Working...
            X