Fur material settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fur material settings

Unless I am mistaken, there is no such thing as furry materials in either Chaos Cosmos or the Asset Editor Materials.

Does anyone have a fur material similar to the one in the image below?

Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fur.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	705.6 KB
ID:	1145285
    Attached Files
    Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
    Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
    3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
    Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
    GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Hi DCHA34
    Great post!!!

I believe we don't have this kind of parameters for achieve this kind of furry tapestry or furry carpet.

I posted something similar some time ago ( 1 month before this post). No single answer, seems that they looked at it, and nothing happened.

I really hope vray team for sketchup look really at this.

I believe DCHA 34 vray fur and vray hair material are in a básic setup for vray for sketchup.( Needs really an update)

There are a lot of tapestries, cushion and other stuffs that is really difficult with the actual settings.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220411_221927661_MP~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	1145310 As You can see here DCHA 34

​​​​​using vray hair material with vray fur produces a flat strand. Not as tube as it should be.

If You look your carpet far away it looks Nice but if You want a very near shut for your tapestry it won't look right... Seems the Best way for a grass material, but not for a tapestry. ( Since grass is flat is perfect for that, but not for tapestry)

Last edited by luisgamino2; 12-04-2022, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Here is some photos from own house.

Vray fur and Vray hair material is in a very básic setup, please listen to your users... We need more controls on this, vray hair material has nothing to do with this carpets neither Vray fur.

Thanks!!!

Attached Files
      Last edited by luisgamino2; 12-04-2022, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Here is another example how vray hair material is perfect for grass but not for a tapestry.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220412_140952367_MP~5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	1145323 the grass is flat is perfect for grass the vray hair material... But then is another software very usufull for this skatter 2 and 3d bazzar and You can Buy from 3d bazzar a new grass preset, use skkater 2 with this and achieve as proxy a very Nice and beautiful piece of garden. Much better than using vray fur and vray hair material and Also this uses a Lot of ram and vram and skkater 2 or skkater 1 produces a very Nice garden with much less vram or ram.

Thanks
        Last edited by luisgamino2; 12-04-2022, 12:21 PM.

Comment

On another note DCHA 34 probably You Will need a better controls on hair material to achieve this.

What i can see in the image it uses very fine thin fibers i think vray hair material for sketchup is not going to work for this.

You Will need more controls on vray fur and a better vray hair material to achive what You want.

There are parámeters that was introduced in vray next ( maya and 3d max)and vray 5 like melanin controls and another stuff about light and hair.

Comment

Working...
          X