Ideas on Automation/Rotation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas on Automation/Rotation?

I render office chairs in studio. Lots of them. We have a 3D configurator that lets users build their own, but the resolution isn't as good as what I crank out in V-Ray.
    For reasons like print ads, video, partner website assets, etc... it'd be super useful for me to have nice, high quality in all the angles. Basically, I shoot the chair from front, front angled left & right, left and ride side view, rear view, and rear angled left & right.
    That's 8 angles for every single chair. Then multiply each color fabric the chair comes in and... well, we're talking potentially hundreds or thousands of images.
    Would be great if there were some way to drop a chair in my studio, and have it render a series: render, rotate 45 degrees, render, rotate 45 degrees, render, and on and on, without me doing all those steps. Kinda like a Photoshop action, but in V-Ray and Sketchup.

If anyone has any brilliant ideas on how to shortcut that process, I'll be in my office rendering until I'm 80. lol Thanks!

Hey.. you could try batch renders You just need to set up the scenes in Sketchup and the right settings for the batch render. Once that is done and you click on the batch render, it will render on its own. I've created a video for the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxoY...l=SketchupGuru Hope it helps

Comment

That's cool. I guess the challenge in that approach would be that it's always the camera that is moving, right? In other words, I'd have to put my object in a 360 degree studio, as well as make sure that the object is correctly lit from 360 degrees so that I can move the camera completely around the object to render all the shots. Am I getting that correct?

Comment

You can use the Chaos Cosmos Studio HDRI to get even lighting around your scene.. And add it to a domelight with the right settings. You're welcome As a bonus, I would also add some reflectors which are off to the camera but affects reflections & refractions.. You can do this by adding raytrace properties.

Comment

And don't forget to add the Vray Infinite plane as well with the right material.

Comment

Hi igendreau,

What manishpaul_simon has described is correct - batch rendering is your best bet out of the box.
            However, if you want more control you can actually automate almost any procedure using SketchUp's Ruby API combined with the V-Ray's script access.
            You can find the V-Ray's API Documentation here - Extensions / V-Ray / Help / API Documentation

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
            X