Theatrical Lighting Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theatrical Lighting Effects

I'm relatively new to VRay for SketchUp (about 2 months of using it) and I've been through every YouTube tutorial I can find on volumetric lighting effects, but I can't find anything that'll help me do something like create cones of light that you'd see at a concert, game show like a Who Wants to be a Millionaire, a play, etc. I've tried atmospheric fog in a variety of distances and altitudes, I've tried having the volumetric effects ONLY affect the selected lights. But nothing comes close to working.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dan

Hey Dan, I was able to generate the below render recently. https://www.behance.net/gallery/146822457/Forest-Render You will need to use Environmental Fog over Aerial perspective to get this effect. And you will also need to switch on Scatter GI to spread the light evenly around the fog or particles. Once you've done that, you need to either to use the Sun to create the God Rays effect or you can also use a rectangular light (and change the shape to circular). And for the color, you can change the color of the light and that will create the effect you're looking for. As for the distance and height, I typically set the height to cover the entire render. But I generally a longer value for the distance as it gets too foggy if it's close to the camera. It's all about trial and error, and depending on the scene, it can change. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you very much for the tip. I really appreciate it and will give it a try this morning.

Comment

Working...
      X