Vray log window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray log window

Hello, i hope everybody safe there... Did someone knows how to turn off the bloody popup vray log window??? thank's

Hello stephan_renault ,

The log window pops up when there is an Error. I would like to ask you to send us the vray-neui.log file so we can investigate it. It is located in:
    windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for SketchUp\vrayneui
    macOS: /Users/<username>/.ChaosGroup/V-Ray for SketchUp/vrayneui
    You can sort it by date and attach the last one from the session when you got the Error message.

Does the log window pops up with the Error in every scene or in a specific one? If it is in a specific one you can send us the scene file by packing your project using the SketchUp menu Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project and then share the resulting archive via https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Iva
    Iva Mancheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hello Iva, thank you for your answer.
      I'ts strange because i don't find the line /.chaosgroup in the same place and when i found it i can't find vray nui in it (see cap)
      Maybe it's a instalation problem.
      Regards

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2022-09-03 à 11.20.31.jpg
Views:	1203
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1158888Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2022-09-03 à 11.20.50.jpg
Views:	1191
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1158889

Comment

Hello,

Clicking on this button in the Log window will lead you to its location:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Log_File_Location.png
Views:	1225
Size:	714.1 KB
ID:	1158893
        From your screenshots I can tell that you are looking in the Computer > Library folder, you need to go to Computer > Users > "username" to find the .ChaosGroup folder we need (note that the folder is hidden and you need to press "Command" + "Shift" + "." (period) to unhide it.

Thank you for helping us.

Kind regards,
        Iva
        Iva Mancheva
        V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
        www.chaos.com

Comment

In addition, this is a cap o the kind of popup window in front of my work (this one is about licensing) but anyway i don't want any popup window AT ALL ! Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2022-09-03 à 12.08.12.jpg
Views:	1332
Size:	532.3 KB
ID:	1158895

Comment

Originally posted by stephan_renault View Post
            In addition, this is a cap o the kind of popup window in front of my work (this one is about licensing) but anyway i don't want any popup window AT ALL !
            If you wouldn't see the log window if something is wrong but it just doesn't render it would make you angry as well I presume. So fix your licensing and other problems and you won't see a log window at all. There has to be feedback if something goes wrong, V-Ray does it with a log window and others do it with abstract alert boxes without much information besides 'didn't work'.
            V-Ray 6 Beta | Intel i9 9900K | 64GB | 1x 512GB EVO 970 Pro SSD | 1x 1TB Kingston SSD | 2x 6TB SATA | 1x 4TB SATA | 1x RTX 3090 24GB

Comment

Hi stephan_renault,

Let's solve this one by one. I have just opened for you #54885 ticket in our system.
              Our Tech Support team will help you with the Licensing error.
              This error is preventing any rendering.

Thanks, OzBoz.
              Yes, the message is important and the log behavior is intended for delivering it.
              Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
              3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
              X