Non-default Scale Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-default Scale Issue

We get chair models from a manufacturer. When I load up the model, the chair is huge... like 50 feet wide. So I scale it down so it's maybe 26" wide, which is what it is in real life. Then I create a proxy, then right click my prox and select Save As... (so I can import my proxy as an SKP with materials already assigned). When I try to save, I get "The selected component has a non-default scale. Would you like to save the component using this scale. So I say yes, and then head to my environment rendering.

When I import my proxy SKP, it looks great. Size is perfect. I can sit it near a desk for my scene and all is good. But as soon as I hit Render, in the VFB, the chair renders huge, even though it isn't huge in my Sketchup window.

Has to be a step I'm missing, right? How can I keep my new scale as the right one for placement and for rendering?

Hi,
    Just an idea that comes to mind : maybe you should right-click on "Scale Definition" before clicking on "Save As".
    I have not tested.
    Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
    Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
    3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
    Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
    GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

Yup, that worked perfectly. Something so simple driving me crazy for so long. lol Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
      X