Vray on Windows and Mac - Setting paths for both machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray on Windows and Mac - Setting paths for both machines

Hi all, I tried to find a solution here in the forum, but didn't succeed... I have two computers - one WIN and one MAC. I have synced user folders on both machines (from a Synology NAS), so all material and IES files are local on both machines, however, since the MAC doesn't know the "drive letter" (hope this word is understandable - i mean the path in form of "F:\project\IES\....." on Windows).... how can I bring the MAC Vray to search on its own file system ("Macintosh HD/users/User/projects/IES/....")? Is there a solution to use Vray on both machines without setting the paths every time ?

Thanks a lot for a hint

best regards
    Oliver

Hmm... is there no solution for my question or is it like a Dummy-question ?

Comment

Dear tobias_link​, hello.

No, the question isn't dummy at all.
      After discussing this with our Tech Support team - straight forward this is not possible at the moment.
      The issue was pointed out before for Cosmos assets.

We left some time to see if other users could share ideas about this regarding to their workflow.
      Some paths could be set up from SketchUp itself:
      • Window > Preferences > Files (on Win)
      • SketchUp > Preferences > Files (on MacOS)
      Especially for IES folder - according to my tests it is opening the last used folder in Finder (on MacOS) and every time the same folder on Windows.
      If something could be promised for the future or recommended for now - konstantin_chaos & Peter.Chaushev are the one to be summoned.

Best regards,
      TS
      Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
      3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X