Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distance Texture and Scatter

Hi there,

I would like to know if the distance texture is working with scatter to affect density.
    I would like to control the density of the scatter (vegetation) around a house in order to avoid vegetation colliding with the building.
    I know it possible to control grass length around an object, but I can't find a way to use it with scatter.
    If there is a simple way to do it, could you please point it out.
    Also, it would be nice to be able to erase objects from scatter like it's possibe on 3DS Max.

Kind Regards,

Pedro

Hello, Pedro,

Scatter currently doesn't work with Ray-traced textures (Distance texture included) in V-Ray for SketchUp. You could split the surface at some distance from your building and apply the Scatter only to this part to avoid the vegetation colliding with the building.
    You can remove Host objects from the Scatter by double clicking on the Host geometry's Group (to enable editing the group), then select the Scatter widget and erase it.

Kind regards,
    Iva
    Iva Mancheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Iva,
      Thank you for your answer.
      I was already using the splitting surface method, but it would be far less difficult if it was possible with the distance texture. Any plans for releasing this function soon?
      You can remove Host objects from the Scatter by double clicking on the Host geometry's Group (to enable editing the group), then select the Scatter widget and erase it.
      That was not what I meant. I know it's possible in 3DsMax to erase particular instances of the scatter, not the hosts. That would also make thing easier.
      Anyway, thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Pedro

Comment

Hi pppppp_mmmmm​,

Note that we are currently in the process of bringing most Scatter features available in 3ds Max to SketchUp.
        Limiting the scatter area based on object proximity will be one of the key features of this update. Scattering along a curve or in a volume will also become possible.
        The Scatter improvements will be coming to V-Ray 6 with an update.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
        X