Animated Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated Trees

I watched the webinar video the other day and was wondering how they got the trees to sway in the wind. I assume they are Enscape trees but when I tried this with an Enscape tree, it was just static in a VRay animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hR97wQMjN4
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

A vrmesh can be animated when it has been exported from another software. Then it will render as animated in V-Ray for SketchUp. But there is no way to export an animated vrmesh from SketchUp.

It's also possible that some of the shots in this video were not rendered with SketchUp. For instance, I doubt the "rolling rocks" shot at 1:16 was done in SketchUp.

Comment

Well, that makes me a little sad then. I was really hoping that all the images created in that video were directly from SketchUp in some way. You could animate the rocking using Keyframe Animation by Fredo, no?
      Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

This is just a guess on my part, I have no information to back this up. This is pure speculation.

Yes you could animate the rocks with Fredo's animation extension, but that seems quite a lot of work to make it look like a physics simulation.
        I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing to use other softwares for such a video. The point is to convey a concept (distance texture), not necessarily showcase the implementation. The video is about V-Ray, not SketchUp and its other extensions.

Also, this video trailer was made for both V-Ray for SketchUp and V-Ray for Rhino. I don't know if this kind of animation/simulation is possible in Rhino.

Comment

Hi guys,

The tree animation was transferred to SketchUp via animated proxy meshes (coming from Max).
          Such deformations are still not possible neither in SketchUp nor in Rhino.

We have plans to extend the Animation capabilities as part of V-Ray but all of that is still on the drawing board.

Konstantin

Comment

It would be even nicer to have Cosmos assets that can do this!!!
            Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Working...
            X